Venue Hire Terms
The following are the sample terms you will be asked to agree to as part of the booking process:
Thank you for holding your event at Reading Rowing Club. We are pleased to welcome you to our home. Key facts about your booking we have agreed with you are:
Arrival time for setup (Normally no earlier than 18:30)
Arrival time for first guests (Normally 19:30)
Bar open time 19:30
Bar close time 23:45 (last orders 23:30)
Last person must leave before 00:00
- You will respect the above times for entry and exit – remembering the club is staffed by volunteers who have their own personal commitments.
- You will leave the club in the condition in which you enter it, less reasonable wear and tear and cleanliness for a function of your size.
- You are welcome to decorate the bar and function room, provided the decorations leave no lasting damage to the room. Use ‘BluTac’ or cellotape only on gloss paint or glass – do not use on emulsion paint walls.
- Decorations or other room dressings you have added will be taken down by you at the end of your function. Any items which remain will be removed by us at your expense.
- You are aware we operate a Challenge 25 policy for the purchase of alcohol and will inform your guests to bring ID if they wish to be served.
- We will return your security deposit to you within a week of your function assuming no damage has been caused to the Club. Examples of damage include but are not limited to:
a. Grease residue on emulsion walls caused by BluTac or cellotape
b. Excessive broken glass or rubbish in the bar or on the terrace
c. Damage to floors (e.g. ingrained food) which require professional cleaning to remedy
d. Vomit, flooding and spillages which require us to clean the clubhouse outside of our usual cleaning schedule#
e. Any damage which presents a safety issue to users of the club following your function (such as broken glass in the changing rooms or toilets)
- Where damage has been caused, we will return your deposit less our cost for making right the damage
- Irrespective of the value of your deposit, it does not limit your liability to pay us in cases where the damage caused will cost us more to make right than the value of your deposit.